AFRICOLOGY ANTIOXIDANT SERUM 30ML
An age defying serum perfect for a more youthful, radiant complexion. This Anti-Oxidant Serum contains a potent blend of antioxidants to help protect against free radical damage and the damaging effects of the sun. The high performance ingredients are gentle, natural and work to slow down the signs of ageing by toning and refining the skin. Works wonders around the delicate eye and lip areas.
- Use morning and evening after toning and before moisturising.
- Apply 5 drops into the palms of your hands and breathe in its therapeutic aroma.
- Gently massage into the face, paying special attention to the delicate eye and lip areas, neck and décolleté in upward circular movements using your fingertips.
- For best results use daily.
- Use as a treatment twice a week to add an anti-oxidant boost to the skin by adding a few drops to your Africology Exfoliating Cream or favourite Africology masque.
- Aspalathus linearis (green rooibos) leaf extract - It naturally contains alpha-hydroxy acid, a compound that is beneficial for maintaining healthy skin, and is rich in iron, potassium, copper, manganese, magnesium, calcium, zinc and sodium. It has fantastic antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. It is useful in treating skin problems such as eczema, nappy rash and acne. It has a soothing effect on the skin.
- Aloe ferox leaf extract - restores dry and damaged skin. The leaves contain a gel with a variety of uses which include calming, soothing and hydrating sunburnt, irritated and sensitised skin. It is rich in nutritional and healing compounds and minerals, amino acids, lipids, monosaccharides, phytosterols, vitamins E, B, C & zinc. It has anti-inflammatory properties and aids in reducing scar tissue. It helps in the treatment of psoriasis, eczema, burns and facial oedema. It is a natural astringent and oxygenator (drawing and holding oxygen in the skin), stimulates cell regeneration and helps replenish lost moisture.
- Dimethyl MEA - dimethyl MEA is also known as DMAE or dimethyl aminoethanol. It is an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant that helps stabilise cell membranes and protect them from free radical attack. DMAE promotes the production of the chemical acetylcholine, which is responsible for creating muscle tone, and therefore helps tighten muscles to keep your skin looking smooth and firm.
- Hypoxis hemerocallidea (African potato) root powder – the African potato is full of sterols and sterolins which are helpful in the treatment of acne, eczema and psoriasis. It helps boosts the immune system and has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Phospholipids (bio-identical) – phospholipids are a type of lipid (fat) consisting of glycerol, fatty acids and phosphate. They occur naturally in the skin and help keep it healthy by locking in moisture. External aggressors can strip away the top layer of phospholipids resulting in dry, dehydrated skin. Added to skincare products and applied topically, these excellent humectants are able to replace this lost protective layer. By mimicking the lipids found naturally in the skin they help repair and moisturise the skin. They are carriers that allow for quick absorption and help other ingredients penetrate the skin more effectively.
- Borago officinalis (borage) seed oil - it has the highest content of gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) of any oil. It greatly benefits dry, itchy and inflamed skin. Gamma-linolenic acid has a rejuvenating effect on the skin’s barrier function as it reduces transepidermal water loss, which helps maintain the skin’s elasticity. Borage seed oil is a calming and soothing oil with excellent astringent, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory actions.
- Ubiquinone (Coenzyme q10) - ubiquinone is also known as coenzyme q1o and is an antioxidant produced by the body to reduce oxidative damage to cells. It reduces with age and exposure to sun. Applied topically, it penetrates the skin easily to help reduce UV damage and assist cells in building collagen and elastin, thereby minimising the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Its anti-inflammatory action helps calm and soothe sensitive, irritated skin.
What you get:
- 1 x Africology Serum 30ml