Writer and expert /
1. Take your broken compact and the end of a knife and mix the compact around so it’s completely crushed. Most of the time when you drop your compact only the top part is actually broken and the underneath is still in a big lump. For best results, all the powder should be as finely crushed as possible.
2. Grab your rubbing alcohol and pour enough in your compact so as not to saturate it, but make it so the powder is covered and damp enough to stir.
3. Using the end of your knife again, stir the mixture around so it’s completely combined. For the perfect finish, use the knife tip to smooth the product out.
4. Wait a few hours until some of the alcohol has evaporated before grabbing your favourite lipstick (rounded bottoms work best) and press the powder flat.
5. Leave the powder to completely dry overnight.
Check out the steps with images below – and if you found it useful remember to share it with your friends!
How easy was that?
If you try this at home please take some photos and tag us on instagram @ry.com.au
We’d love to see your make-up triumphs.
I'm a journalism grad and avid makeup fan with an unhealthy addiction to buying nude lipsticks, no matter how similar they all may seem. I love chatting to anyone who will listen about my new favourite products, skincare dos and don'ts and practically any other beauty-related topic under the sun. That doesn't mean I'm frivolous with my recommendations, though--you can count on me to give you the nitty gritty on all your wishlist products. In my spare time, you'll find me binge-watching old episodes of Gilmore Girls or at brunch with a large iced coffee in my hand.
Whether you like to splash cash on makeup, or are a little more frugal, here are our picks for the best highlighter for every budget.
2018-01-31 02:25:12 •
Want to sparkle like a unicorn? PONi Cosmetics know what's up with their new range of shimmering unicorn powders, available exclusively to RY for the month of August.
2017-08-01 09:51:19 •
2017-03-06 11:43:17 •
2016-09-12 12:06:45 •