The biggest news at the 2016 Oscars is of course Leonardo Di Caprio finally receiving the recognition he deserved.
But as Leonardo was crowned best actor for his stunning portrayal in The Revenant, my eyes turned to Kate Winslet. Kate Winslet starred across from Leo in the movie that started it all – The TItanic. A true English Rose, Kate often turns heads because of her voluptuous frame, flawless porcelain skin and those lips. Kate and Leo rocked the Oscars Red Carpet together in true style and her hair and make-up were completely on point.
Keep reading to see how you can get Kate Winslet’s Oscars 2016 look.
Get the Look – Kate Winslet Oscars 2016
1. For the effortless, undone waves – first wash your hair as normal and leave to partly air-dry. While hair is still damp spritz a volumising spray into the roots for a bit of extra oomph!
3. To get Kate’s side fringe, part your hair a little bit further over than normal using a fine tooth comb.
4. For the curls, a tapered barrel curler is your best bet so they don’t look to tight. Start by sectioning your hair into three sections (or just halves if you have shorter hair) using the same comb. Then split the sections into pieces of about 3cm. If the pieces are any smaller than that your curls are going to end up too tight and like ringlets!
5. Curl pieces in opposite directions
6. Brush out with a LIGHT hand and spritz with your favourite hair spray.
Monochrome was in on the red carpet!
1. For the dewy base start try a lightweight foundation that still provides ample coverage. I recommend the Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation that has the perfect glowing finish.
2. To get the monochrome pop like Kate’s eyes try a shimmery silver shade all over the lid, and a slightly darker charcoal shade smoked out in the crease. The Youngblood Pressed Mineral Eyeshadow Quad in Starlet has everything you need for the perfect monochrome eye!
3. Kate’s lashes really stand out to me as the feature of this look. Step your look up a notch with some falsies like the ModelRock Lashes Allure that still look natural.
4. Apply highlighter on the apples of your cheeks and forehead to exaggerate the glow.
5. Finish the makeup look with a peachy nude lipstick that has a hint of shimmer.
Winners are grinners!
There really is no more perfect couple than Rose & Jack (or Leo & Kate).
What was your favourite look at the 2016 Oscars?