Writer and expert /
When you’re in your early 20s you can feel invincible. Nothing is going to bring you down – age is but a number and “old” still seems like a lifetime away. This can carry into your 30s and 40s or even 50s if you’re REALLY young at heart. But is it ever really to early to worry about skin ageing?
Some say that ant-ageing skincare can be too harsh for young skin, leading to breakouts and the like. But I honestly never think it’s too early to start protecting your skin – it is your largest organism after all.
1. Get your beauty sleep pronto! It’s the age of staying up all night and sleeping in late but it’s super important to make sure you’re getting at least 7 hours of sleep per night.
2. Hydrate. Skin dehydration leads to fine lines and wrinkles so make sure you drink 6-8 cups of water per day and incorporate a moisturiser into your skincare routine day and night. Dermalogica Age Smart Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF50 50ml is a great medium weight moisturiser that helps your skin achieve absolute hydration and help defend against the internal and external causes of skin ageing. It also contains SPF50 which brings me to my next point…
3. Wear sunscreen! All Day. Every Day. Even when you THINK you’re going to be inside. Nothing accelerates the visible signs of ageing like UVA/B rays.
4. Try an anti-wrinkle serum – the results might surprise you. This supercharged peptide serum from Dermalogica helps stimulate collagen production to help firm and renew skin resilience and smooth away fine lines.
5. Eat a balanced diet. When you’re a teenager saying “yuck” to veges and “gross” to fruit might be okay – but once you hit your 20s you’ll definitely notice the difference in your skin AND body if you don’t incorporate anti-oxidant rich foods into your diet. The best are leafy green vegetables and potassium heavy fruits.
6. Make sure you wash your face every night before you go to bed – and make sure your cleanser & exfoliator are good quality! No more whatever-is-on-sale-at-woollies harsh face scrubs. The Dermalogica Age Smart range has you covered with the Skin Resurfacing Cleanser that helps re-texturise skin suffering from visible signs of ageing by removing dulling surface debris and helping accelerate cell turnover.
In summary – it’s never too early to start the war on ageing (the visible signs anyway)
Be beautiful and confident in your skin no matter how old you are with the Dermalogica Age Smart range.
Shop the whole range here.
I'm a journalism grad and avid makeup fan with an unhealthy addiction to buying nude lipsticks, no matter how similar they all may seem. I love chatting to anyone who will listen about my new favourite products, skincare dos and don'ts and practically any other beauty-related topic under the sun. That doesn't mean I'm frivolous with my recommendations, though--you can count on me to give you the nitty gritty on all your wishlist products. In my spare time, you'll find me binge-watching old episodes of Gilmore Girls or at brunch with a large iced coffee in my hand.
Even in our 20s, we tend to fixate on wanting youthful skin forever, but it's never an easy fix. But, we're here to tell you to stop what you're doing, and put down the botox. Find out why silicone smoothing pads could be your new go-to.
2017-11-02 23:00:06 •
Find out how you can win $3333 to spend on RY in celebration of innovative anti-ageing brand Wrinkles Schminkles' 3rd birthday!
2017-10-25 01:13:33 •
Sick of wrinkles and fine lines around the mouth and lips? This new product from Dermalogica is here to soothe your concerns.
2017-06-09 09:07:06 •
2017-03-17 10:41:13 •