Writer and expert /
When it comes to curling your hair with a straightener, we know just how hard it can be to get that perfect curl. RY.com.au stylists created this fast and easy tutorial to unravel how to get the perfect GHD curls in seconds. If you’re spending WAY too much time and money at the hair salons getting your hair curled, this will be the perfect guide for you. Bare in mind that when you get started, its not going to look absolutely perfect on your first go, this takes practice. But we can assure you, you will be an expert in no time! If you’re having trouble or need any tips, just ask!
1. Split your hair into sections from the underneath if you have lots or thick hair. If you have short or thin hair you can skip this step. Then split these big sections into 2-3cm chunks to curl. Squeeze the ghd straightener plates together over the section of hair, as close to the scalp as possible, as if you were going to straighten the piece of hair.
2. Pull the hair away from your scalp with the straightener – rather than straight downwards. As you’re pulling away, start to roll the straightener downwards, keeping the hair wrapped around the plates as you go.
3. Keep the straightener rolling downward until the piece of hair is completely wrapped the whole way around the straightener. Once hair is all the way around, slide the straightener down the full length of the hair.
4. Once you have run the straightener all the way down to the end and the curl is complete, twirl the curl around your fingers and place how you would like.
5. Stretch or brush out the curls if you want loose waves, or coil around fingers for a tighter, more defined curl. Secure the curl with light hairspray.
6. Repeat on all sections of hair until head is completely curled.
To keep it simple for you, we have created this handy infographic below so you can see the steps clearly.
Remember if you found it handy or useful don’t forget to share!
Volume and curls can be so much better than flat, dull hair!
Switch your style up today and experience the best curls with ghd.
We're all about supporting Australian-owned brands, and there are so many that beauty lovers everywhere covet. Here are our top 7 Aussie beauty brands.
2018-01-18 22:51:48 •
Heading back to school can be daunting, whether you're a student, mum or teacher. Take all of the effort out of doing your hair with these simple styles.
2018-01-17 22:13:02 •
NEEK Skin Organics are a new, Aussie-owned natural beauty brand making waves in the industry. Discover the bestselling products and why you'll love them.
2018-01-15 01:18:59 •
Curious about the benefits of mineral makeup? We can't go past Youngblood Mineral Cosmetics -- discover the must-have items in the range.
2018-01-12 05:02:10 •