20 bridal make up tips any bride can use.
1.Skin preparation is key to making your skin look even and smooth. Book a course of facial treatments that suit your skin needs, to
ensure your skin is in tip top condition.
2. Well-exfoliated and hydrated skin is essential! Any surface dryness and dehydration can cause make up to look uneven
and patchy. Prepare your skin with a moisturiser and eye cream before your makeup application.
3. Get your brows professionally groomed a day or two before your big day and address any facial hair weeks in advance. Do not
leave bleaching, waxing and plucking to the last minute. Avoid redness and irritation on the day.
4. Don’t go overboard with the fake tan! There’s nothing worse than an orange bride. Develop a subtle and even golden tan with jane
iredale’s Tantasia. Tantasia can be used on the face and body. Start using it 4 days prior to your big day and use consecutively
for 3 days. Remember to pack it for your honeymoon!
5. Book a professional makeup artist for your big day, you need to look your best! The right makeup artist can bring out your
best features and make you look radiant. We highly recommend having a trial run with your makeup artist a few weeks prior to
ensure that you feel confident with your final look. Remember to take a few photos after the trial to see how your makeup looks on
camera. It’s important to know what brand your makeup artist will be using and how much experience she has with brides.
6. There is a golden rule – if the bride is wearing white, then go for pink-based colours. If she is wearing off-white, then go toward
peach tones.you can you us the ry.com.au find my shade tool on the jane iredale product page to get your perfect match.
7. Primer perfection. Makeup primer is an essential step prior to your foundation to ensure long lasting coverage and a flawless
finish. We recommend Smooth Affair Facial Primer & Brightener to smooth, hydrate and brighten your complexion.
8. Choose your colour wisely! Get the perfect foundation colour match prior to the day. You want your skin tone to look as natural
as possible with no obvious foundation demarcation lines. The secret to a radiant complexion is a foundation that provides
even, long-lasting coverage and never looks caked-on. Try jane iredale’s PurePressed Mineral Powder.
9. Cover up any under eye circles or blemishes with concealer after you have applied foundation. jane iredale’s Enlighten Concealer
eliminates any blue, or ashy tones around the eye area; Active Light helps to reduce puffiness and refracts light to create a soft
focus effect whilst Disappear Concealer ensures any blemish or redness goes unnoticed.
10. Focus on your best feature. If you have amazing eyes, play them up and keep lips light and soft, nothing beats a smokey eye and a
pale lip! Or if you have a pretty pout, go for a bold lip colour and keep your eyes soft and subtle with a clean eyeliner and neutral
tone eye shadows.
11. Consider the climate; if you’re getting married in the warmer months or having a tropical island wedding, you’re going to need
staying power! You will need to opt for oil free products. Beyond matte HD Matifying Powder will keep shine away while the Facial
Blotting Papers will soak up excess oil during the day and fit perfectly into the smallest bridal clutch bag.
12. Prep the eyelids with jane iredale’s Eye Gloss Liquid Eye Shadow for crease-free shadow that doesn’t disappear. This quick drying, smooth
and shimmery formula can be used alone or underneath eye shadow. It is smudge and water resistant, even through those wedding tears.
13. For fresh and dewy looking skin, try layering your cheek colour by using a combination of powder blush and cream blush. Apply a
slightly deeper and warmer colour of powder blush first, then stipple a cream blush in a lighter brighter colour over the top. This will ensure
staying power and create a fresh, dewy appearance. A combination of peach and cool pink based colours works well together. Try jane
iredale’s PurePressed Blush in Copper Wind first, and then follow with Clarity In Touch Cream Blush over the top.
14. Create a perfectly sculpted brow using jane iredale’s Bitty Brow Kit. The clear wax formula keeps hairs firmly in place, whilst the pigmented
brow powder adds the right amount of depth and highlight. Creating celebrity brows is easy with this kit.
15. Define your eyes with a clean and water-resistant gel eyeliner. Use jane iredale’s Jelly Jar Gel Eyeliner, a soft and creamy formulation that
glides on easily and is smudge proof.
16. Brighten your complexion with a jane iredale Quad Bronzer. The varying depths and shades will add dimension to your face and
customize your glow. A luxurious multi-purpose product that can be used on eyes, lips and cheeks or as an all over bronzer and highlighter.
Your skin will look luminous!
17. Long, thick and full lashes will never date. There are so many ways to emphasis your lashes, tinting is a popular choice for those with
sensitive eyes. Simply add a lick of PureBrow Brow Fix & mascara to add shine; have false lashes attached to your lashes by a makeup
artist or book in for a set of lash extensions. Have your extensions put on at least 4-6 weeks prior to ensure that you do not have any allergies
to the glue or sensitivity to the weight and hair. If lash extensions are your pick, make sure you have an infill a few days prior to your big day.
Beautiful lashes make all the difference!
18. Avoid shimmery products as flash photography can emphasis shine. Opt for colours which are brighter with more pigment. Nude and
earthy tones can disappear altogether, ensure you choose darker shades that don’t vanish with a flash. Keep the use of shimmer and
glossy finish products to a minimum as they can look too reflective in photos or film and result in a mirror like effect on the skin.
19. Highlighting and contouring an essential part of wedding make up. To create a natural and subtle looking contour, try using jane
iredale’s PurePressed Powder. The matte finish of PurePressed Powder creates a perfect contour every time. Active Light Concealer also
disguises skin imperfections but is the perfect illuminating highlighter; it refracts the light creating a soft focus finish. Apply to any area that
20. For perfectly coloured lips, jane iredale’s Lip Fixation is the answer! A dual ended lip stain and gloss that provides long lasting rich colour
that resists, feathering and fading. The gloss accentuates the stain of colour and provides a high shine glass-like finish.