Treating yourself isn’t always easy when there you’re time or money poor. Fortunately there are a number of easy ways to treat yourself without spending a lot of time or money that you might have not even thought of. So if you’re a busy mum, busy at work, or just generally busy as we all are most of the time, keep reading for our list of fast ways to de-stress.
Fast Ways to Treat Yourself
1. Take a walk. How often do you get outside and just breath the fresh air. Exercise is good for the mind, body and soul, and it’s even better when it’s out in the great outdoors. You’ll be surprised how much better you can feel even after a 15 minute walk.
2. Re-read a favourite book. All though most of us use TV or the internet (hello cat videos) to unwind most days – it’s still very straining on the brain. Sometimes losing yourself in a good book is the best cure.
5. Listen to your favourite music. Your ACTUAL favourite music – you know all the stuff your partner/ mother/ friends make fun of you for. I find the best place to listen to music is the car, but any place you can plug your music in and let go is great.
6. Go window shopping. Emphasis on WINDOW. Spending money you don’t have is definitely only going to increase stress levels, so try and stop yourself from spending. If this is out of your control – skip to number 7.
7. Apply a face mask. This is a little luxury that is reserved for – um never? Who has the time. Make the time to apply a nice face mask and actually chill out for 20 minutes while it works its magic. This could be done in co-operation with 2, 3, 4 & 5 (or even 6 if you’re that game).
8. Take the time to do your hair and makeup. The makeup range from Napoleon Perdis has everything you need to create a flawless look! You’ll be surprised how good you can feel by actually spending the 20 minutes to present your best self in the morning. An all round boost for the rest of the day.
What’s your favourite way to Treat Yourself?
Share your tips below!