Writer and expert /
Treating yourself isn’t always easy when there you’re time or money poor. Fortunately there are a number of easy ways to treat yourself without spending a lot of time or money that you might have not even thought of. So if you’re a busy mum, busy at work, or just generally busy as we all are most of the time, keep reading for our list of fast ways to de-stress.
1. Take a walk. How often do you get outside and just breath the fresh air. Exercise is good for the mind, body and soul, and it’s even better when it’s out in the great outdoors. You’ll be surprised how much better you can feel even after a 15 minute walk.
2. Re-read a favourite book. All though most of us use TV or the internet (hello cat videos) to unwind most days – it’s still very straining on the brain. Sometimes losing yourself in a good book is the best cure.
3. Give yourself a mani or a pedi. Clean hands and feet = clean soul. If you’re looking for a lovely hand or foot cream, endota spa have a great range that aren’t too expensive.
4. Take a hot bath. Sooooo relaxing. Try light some candles or use a lovely smelling body wash for a great aroma.
5. Listen to your favourite music. Your ACTUAL favourite music – you know all the stuff your partner/ mother/ friends make fun of you for. I find the best place to listen to music is the car, but any place you can plug your music in and let go is great.
6. Go window shopping. Emphasis on WINDOW. Spending money you don’t have is definitely only going to increase stress levels, so try and stop yourself from spending. If this is out of your control – skip to number 7.
7. Apply a face mask. This is a little luxury that is reserved for – um never? Who has the time. Make the time to apply a nice face mask and actually chill out for 20 minutes while it works its magic. This could be done in co-operation with 2, 3, 4 & 5 (or even 6 if you’re that game).
8. Take the time to do your hair and makeup. The makeup range from Napoleon Perdis has everything you need to create a flawless look! You’ll be surprised how good you can feel by actually spending the 20 minutes to present your best self in the morning. An all round boost for the rest of the day.
What’s your favourite way to Treat Yourself?
Share your tips below!
Beauty sleep is hard to come by when you're busy. Discover the new Dermalogica Sound Sleep Cocoon, our answer to better sleep and skin regeneration.
2018-03-20 06:28:06 •
The new season is a great excuse to switch up your look! Discover our top 3 palettes for creating gorgeous autumn makeup looks.
2018-03-16 01:27:20 •
The newest products from The Ordinary skincare have dropped here at RY, and we're crazy for them! Discover the latest hits from this innovative brand.
2018-03-15 00:45:39 •
Happy Pisces season! Take a little beauty inspo from your horoscope this March and discover how your Pisces sign can influence your dos and don'ts.
2018-03-12 06:49:01 •