Health & Beauty Expert /
Each year the fashion trends of Splendour in the Grass get better and better. This year we would expect to see lots of colourful hair and aztec clothing styles. Ry have created this beauty survival guide to spendour in the grass to let you make the most of the music and the weekend.
Plaid and floral are going to be big this year, and of course there will always be the cowgirl meets gypsy fashion style.
Although the weather has been surprising pleasant the last few months and the forecast is looking good, always prepare for the worst. Don’t forget your knee high socks and gumboots, ponchos, thermals, umbrellas, onesie’s and warm pjs and blankets, as it gets really cold at night. Check out the weather forecast here.
*photo by spelldesigns.com.au
Don’t get caught without face wash or those fun beauty accessories. We recommend the following to keep up with the splendour look.
There is plenty to see and do at this full throttle 3 day festival. From markets to malls, food stalls and arts and crafts there is something to see and do and not do at Splendour in the Grass.
Here are a few of our must do’s for 2014.
– Outkast (of course) – You cannot attend Splendour in the Grass without seeing these legends.. Shake it like a polaroid picture baby. Outkast are on Friday night at the Amphitheatre from 10:15pm – midnight. DON’T MISS IT
– Very Small Mall – The Very Small Mall has everything from basics to high end brands, just incase you aren’t happy with your threads you can visit the Very Small Mall and sort yourself out a new Splendour wardrobe.
– Free Hair Treatments at LUSH Hair salon – WHAT? Yes you heard right, if your hair is a little worst for wear after whipping it back and forth the day before, the lovely employees at Lush Hair Salon are there to bring you back with a fresh gypsy wave or up-style to keep you looking Splendid.
– Tipi Forest – Leave your closed mind at the door and get ready to love and be loved in this extraordinary Tipi forest. Become one with the earth and roam bare feet, feel the vibrations and discover new sounds. There is a massive line-up in this years Tipi Forest so make sure you pay it a very special visit.
– Twilight Film Festival – Each afternoon at dusk catch the Forum Twilight Film Festival, screening the latest thought-provoking social and political documentaries and music bio-pics.
– Miss Saigon Bar – If karaoke is your thing then get involved at Miss Saigon Bar which is right in the middle of the Hawkers Markets. These markets offer all sorts of delicious Asian cuisine to tickle those taste buds.
– Make sure you organise your car pass
– Make sure you laminate your timetable. See here.
– Warms clothes and bedding
– Locker with a phone charger for your valuables
– Water, water more water
– Toilet paper
– Paw Paw Ointment – for those wind burnt lips
– First Aid Kit
– Money $$$$$
As a qualified make up artist, I love all things make up! I'm also really passionate about health and nutrition, so I'm always on the look out for the latest Superfood to improve my skin, nails and hair!
Splendour weekend is right around the corner, so I'm sure you're frantically prepping your outfits, makeup, and of course, your hair! We've predicted that this year's biggest hair trend (as it has been for quite some time, now) will be braids. Here are the 5 braids you're sure to spot at this year's SITG!
2017-07-20 14:53:54 •
Off to a major music festival this year but struggling with creating that stand-out look? We've rounded up our favourite hair and makeup trends that'll certainly be spotted amongst this year's festival crowds.
2017-07-13 15:47:01 •
We're predicting that this year's Splendour in the Grass will be the most out-there yet, with glitter, space buns and rhinestones taking centre stage. To help you survive the beauty challenge that is trying to look glam while camping, we've compiled a few handy hints.
2017-07-07 16:12:02 •
2016-05-20 11:52:39 •
By Renee Volck