The launch of Kylie Jenner’s website (THEkyliejenner.com – if you didn’t know) has brought us some wonderful things like these pictures of the King herself, great outfit ideas and her favourite pick of boots.
But what we found most exciting was a step by step tutorial of Kylie’s 18th birthday look (sans blonde wig, but whatever) by make up artist Hrush Achemyan.
This the first glimpse we get to see, not only the products and techniques that go into making Kylie Jenner, but also her without make-up on.
Of course she’s a bare skinned beauty as well, because who expected any less.
If you were wondering how you can make your self look Kylie Jenner esq (and let’s be honest, this bronzed, heavily highlighted look is one that is probably rocked by the whole Kardashian Klan) we’ve got everything you need from start to finish.
1. Start with some sticky tape to make sure you get that perfect angle to your eyes (as well as preventing any nasty fall-out).
2. Smooth an eye primer all over the lid and up to your eye brow to ensure that your shadow will stay all day without any creasing. – NP Set Eye Primer works well.
3. Contour the eyes by applying “Java” from the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit – Light in the crease. Make sure to blend!
4. Layer a warmer brown in the crease underneath Java like “Havana” from the same kit.
5. Grab a black eye shadow and work that close to the lash line, like an eye liner. Gorgeous Cosmetics Colour Pro Eyeshadow DMC Black. Once you’ve taken the sticky tape off, the eye shadow will create a soft, smokey wing.
6. Pat a glimmery, bronze shadow on the lid with your ring finger for some extra zing! Becca Jewel Dust – Xantho
7. Finish off the eyes by lining the lash line with a gel liner. Napoleon Perdis China Doll Eye Liner – Forbidden City
6. Nail the glowy base by applying Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Opal (or the strobing stuff, as KJ calls it) on the cheek bones, nose and forehead BEFORE applying foundation. This will ensure these places are extra dewy.
7. Heavy duty base is key to every Kardashian/Jenner look. Try Napoleon Perdis Child Doll foundation for flawless, doll-like skin.
8. AND heavy duty concealer like Becca Heavy Duty Concealing Creme to highlight under the eyes.
9. Step up your contour with “Cinnamon” from Anastasia Beverly Hills Cream Contour kit. Apply in shadows of cheeks, forehead, jawline and also a skinny line down the nose for “an instant fake nose job” – KJ.
10. Finish off with even more bronzer. Glo Minerals Bronze Sunlight works well to warm up the face.
11. Don’t forget the brows. Kylie swears by ABH Brow Wiz and loves how it “just glides on”.
12. False, luscious lashes – of course!
14. Coats and coats of mascara, to combine the falsies to her realsies. Maybelline Falsies Mascara in Blackest Black.
Is any one else surprised that this smokin look can be achieved in just 15 steps?
Try it today for your own birthday, a date night, a glamorous night out or whenever you need to feel a little bit more like Kylie Jenner.
Because wouldn’t we all love that?