Winter is well upon us now, and the summer glows are quickly fading. Have you ever been told “Wow, you look great, you’re so pale” ? I certainly haven’t – so, its time to invest in some top quality tanning products. RY has the answer… St Tropez. You only need to take one look at forums such as Vogue to see that St Tropez is lovely by thousands of women, and men for that matter.
Fake tan users can often can be smelt a mile away. The unique and unmistakable aroma of all self tans is caused by a reaction between collagen and DHA on the skin, and is therefore difficult to hide. Many brands succeed in masking the smell in their product, but as it is not an ingredient issue, but rather what happens to those ingredients when they react into your skin, so masking the smell is not the answer. Earlier this year A research team in the UK, used established techniques to pinpoint the smelly molecules that reacted with the skin, and reduce them by 70%. This wonder is called Aromaguard, and is exclusive to St Tropez.
With hints of iris, fresh fruits and violets, Aromaguard™ is a major beauty breakthrough will mean that know one will smell you coming.
St Tropez has won countless awards through the years and frequently features in the top Beauty reads.
So it should be no surprise that St Tropez have tips…
Here they are, St Tropez’s “Top 10 tips to ensure your tan is perfectly gorgeous for as long as possible….”
1. If you’re a tanning junkie, make sure you exfoliate regularly to avoid build up as several layers of tan can result in an uneven result. St Tropez Body Polisher 240ml – $22.91
2. If you’re waxing or shaving before tanning, make sure you do it more than 24 hours before your tan.
3. When you’re tanning give yourself a good all-over polish and apply plenty of moisturizer the night before to get your skin as silky as possible. The most common cause of a patchy tan is dry skin, so it’s crucial to moisturize problem areas (wrists and hands, elbows, knees, ankles and feet) immediately prior to self tan application. St Tropez Body Moistureiser 240ml – $21.21
4. Keep palms tan-free – try using latex gloves or our applicator mitt when applying, then simply sweep the backs of the hands with self tan diluted with moisturizer. Our Tan Remover– which you can use for up to four hours after tanning – removes any unwanted tan. St Tropez Self Tan Remover 325ml – $24.61
5. When you’re applying your tan, make sure you’re covered all over. Don’t worry if you go over the same area twice – the tan will only be patchy if you miss a bit, not if you double up.
6. Make sure you don’t rub in your gradual or self tan. Gentle smoothing is all you need, then you can let the product do its work. Rubbing may make the finish uneven.
7. Try to avoid washing your hands for as long as possible in the development time – a minimum of 2 hours. Try a hand sanitizer or wipes instead.
8. Your tan won’t get deeper the longer you leave it – once it’s been on for the required amount of time (check the pack) it will have given you the natural-looking golden color you’re after. For a deeper tan you should re-apply on successive days – 2 – 3 days in a row will give you a really deep, rich bronze tan.
9. When you’ve applied your tan wear loose, dark clothing and avoid tight-fitting underwear. Anything that’s pressing on skin may make the results a bit patchy.
10. The hands and face will fade quicker than the rest of the body so apply Rapide Face to the face and the backs of the hands to keep your tan looking fresher for longer. For a color boost for the rest of the body, try using St. Tropez Tan Intensifier every 2-3 days – but don’t forget to polish and moisturize, too, or your color won’t fade evenly…