Dying your hair a bright or bold colour was thought to be only for ‘punks’ or ‘goths’ but this year we’ve seen the pastel hair trend brought back by Rihanna, Cara and of course Kylie Jenner. What is it about that family. You’ve never had any inclination to die your hair fairy floss blue but then you see KJ over there rockin it and all of a sudden you’re like how do I get this on my head?
Well it’s not as hard as you might think, and even better, it’s not as permanent as you might think.
Introducing hair chalk.
You might be tempted to go an all over colour – and who am I to stop you. Anyone can rock a bold hair colour with some confidence and some sass. But if you’re flakey and non-committal like me, you might want to try some simple hair streaks first.
- Grab your hair chalk in which ever colour you prefer (blue -obviously but also pink and purple can look nice for some variation)
- Ensure hair is dry and clean, comb into chunks (About 3cm will do)
- Wear gloves to protect your hands, neck, and anywhere else you can possibly get it cause I know you will. The chalk won’t transfer once dry but it will wet.
- Using the foam tip of the applicator, slide the colour evenly down the hair strand. Brush section of hair out with fine tooth comb to allow even distribution of product.
- Leave to dry for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Style as desired.
Even better – hair chalk can last as little as two shampoos so if you freaking hate it, wash it down the drain in a week.
If you’re going to love it, prolong your colour by applying a double coat of dye, and sealing with hair curler/ straightener once dry.
How easy is that? Here are some other snaps of some gorgeous pastel-dos to drool over.
Be a part of the trend with gorgeous mermaid hair this season!
What’s your favourite bold hair colour you’ve seen this year? Let me know below.