Writer and expert /
If Summer doesn’t make you think of gorgeous sun-kissed skin, salt in your hair and sand in your toes, it’s probably because you’re too worried about your makeup sliding off and your hair frizzing up in the humidity. Summer shouldn’t make you feel anything but happy to be out in the sun with the wind in your hair, so quit worrying because we’ve got you covered.
1. If the heat brings out little joys in your skin such as oiliness, enlarged pores or excess shine in your T-zone, try opting for a non-soap foaming cleanser that will deep cleanse without stripping the skin like Dermalogica Essential Cleansing Solution.
2. Avoid toners that contain alcohol as it can strip the skin, creating an over production of oil. Try toning with Pelactiv Essential Clarifying Toner that removes any excess pollutants, oils and make-up and minimises the appearance of enlarged pores.
3. Stepping up your sun protection is a must in summer where UVA/B rays are stronger than ever. Try incorporating a facial serum that which will work in tandem with your sunscreen to protect your skin from free radicals and pollution that age the skin. Medik8 Hydra8 B5 Serum is super lightweight and super hydrating.
4. A light moisturisation may be all you feel you need in the summer months, but nonetheless you definitely still need to moisturise. Try Dermalogica Active Moist for none of the residue but all of the hydration.
5. Prime it. After your skincare NEVER skip your primer in Summer. This is essential for making your makeup last as long as possible without dripping down your face in the head. Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot Pre Foundation Primer is the number one selling primer in the world so you know it’s good.
6. Follow up with a more sheer foundation then you normally would wear. It’s not pretty to see a full coverage foundation that has sweated off in patches. Try Napoleon Perdis Sheer Glow for a luminous look and weightless feel. To prevent potential disasters during the day also carry a powder to touch up with. Jane Iredale Amazing Matte Loose Finishing Powder contains Rice Powder to instantly absorb any oil. Blotting Papers are also a good idea because you just never know when you might break out in a sweat.
7. If you’re still willing to try with eye makeup, waterproof everything. Waterproof eyeliner, waterproof mascara, waterproof brows and definitely don’t forget to lay down a base for that eyeshadow. I salute you.
8. The hotter weather is the best time to try a bright pop of colour on the lips. This could be a signature Red, but don’t go past the latest Orange trend either.
9. Set everything in place with a setting spray such as ModelCo Beauty Fix Airbrush Face and carry a Jane Iredale D20 Hydration Spray in your bag to replenish during the day.
Phew. No-one said it was easy but it IS possible to survive this Summer and still look fabulous.
Do you have any other tips so our Make-up can Survive this Summer?
Let me know below…. Xx
No Post Tags
All skincare lovers know Dermalogica, but their huge range can be tough to navigate -- so, we're rounding up the Dermalogica bestsellers you need to consider for your collection. Discover must-haves for every skin type.
2018-07-05 23:57:29 •
RY recently sat down with wellness guru, entrepreneur and super-mum Angela Simson of the acclaimed blog The Gratitude Project. Hear what Ange had to say about self care, winter beauty and much more.
2018-07-04 03:53:41 •
As we get older, night cream becomes a common recommendation. But, what makes it different from regular old moisturiser? Here's our breakdown, including the best night creams for all skin types.
2018-07-02 06:31:37 •
Dry, damaged, oily or colour-fading, a hair mask is a cure-all for so many concerns! Discover your perfect hair mask with our round-up of the best formulas for each hair type.
2018-06-29 00:22:34 •