If Summer doesn’t make you think of gorgeous sun-kissed skin, salt in your hair and sand in your toes, it’s probably because you’re too worried about your makeup sliding off and your hair frizzing up in the humidity. Summer shouldn’t make you feel anything but happy to be out in the sun with the wind in your hair, so quit worrying because we’ve got you covered.
Here’s how You + Your Makeup can not just Survive the Summer, but conquer that sh*t.
1. If the heat brings out little joys in your skin such as oiliness, enlarged pores or excess shine in your T-zone, try opting for a non-soap foaming cleanser that will deep cleanse without stripping the skin like Dermalogica Essential Cleansing Solution.
2. Avoid toners that contain alcohol as it can strip the skin, creating an over production of oil. Try toning with Pelactiv Essential Clarifying Toner that removes any excess pollutants, oils and make-up and minimises the appearance of enlarged pores.
3. Stepping up your sun protection is a must in summer where UVA/B rays are stronger than ever. Try incorporating a facial serum that which will work in tandem with your sunscreen to protect your skin from free radicals and pollution that age the skin. Medik8 Hydra8 B5 Serum is super lightweight and super hydrating.
4. A light moisturisation may be all you feel you need in the summer months, but nonetheless you definitely still need to moisturise. Try Dermalogica Active Moist for none of the residue but all of the hydration.
5. Prime it. After your skincare NEVER skip your primer in Summer. This is essential for making your makeup last as long as possible without dripping down your face in the head. Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot Pre Foundation Primer is the number one selling primer in the world so you know it’s good.
6. Follow up with a more sheer foundation then you normally would wear. It’s not pretty to see a full coverage foundation that has sweated off in patches. Try Napoleon Perdis Sheer Glow for a luminous look and weightless feel. To prevent potential disasters during the day also carry a powder to touch up with. Jane Iredale Amazing Matte Loose Finishing Powder contains Rice Powder to instantly absorb any oil. Blotting Papers are also a good idea because you just never know when you might break out in a sweat.
7. If you’re still willing to try with eye makeup, waterproof everything. Waterproof eyeliner, waterproof mascara, waterproof brows and definitely don’t forget to lay down a base for that eyeshadow. I salute you.
Phew. No-one said it was easy but it IS possible to survive this Summer and still look fabulous.
Do you have any other tips so our Make-up can Survive this Summer?
Let me know below…. Xx