Writer and expert /
Looking amazing and feeling great shouldn’t have to cost a fortune. It can be so overwhelming when you see an article on Karlie Kloss or Olivia Palermo describing their beauty routine and listing off 5 skin products or beauty products that cost more than your bathroom.
“I really did wake up like this” – Olivia Palermo.
But it doesn’t have to be expensive. And even better – it doesn’t have to be difficult.
These tips will save you money and time, and you can still look and feel fabulous!
1. Looking after your skin doesn’t have to involve an entourage of products. Instead focus on the necessities. A good cleanser, a good exfoliator and a good moisturiser is all you need to start a good skincare routine. They don’t need to be expensive either – most of the time when you buy expensive skincare you’re paying for chemicals and nasties and words you can’t pronounce. Keep it simple and look for products that really work like:
asap Daily Facial Cleanser – contains Glycolic Acid that really penetrates the skin to provide a deep clean and only costs $36.
Skinstitut Glycolic Scrub – as well as Glycolic Acid, Jojoba beads work to open skin follicles and remove tough debris $30.
Antipodes Immortal SPF15 Face & Body – 100% organic and contains SPF for sun protection all for less than $50!
2. With the wide range of hair care, hair treatments, hair styling products on the market it can be daunting to know where to begin. But I’ve found by starting with a really good quality shampoo and conditioner, you eliminate the need for many styling products. Try:
Redken Extreme Shampoo and Conditioner Duo – Restore strength and add shine at the same time, for the low price of $37.
If you’re hair still needs a little bit more love, try the Schwarzkopf BC Hair Therapy Repair Rescue for an affordable $23
And you can’t go wrong with Dry Shampoo. Add’s texture, soaks up oil and allows you to go more days without washing your hair (saving you money on shampoo and conditioner). Sebastian Dynamic Dry Shampoo $12.75
3. A great concealer can save you money on other base makeup. Conceal just the imperfections you see such as zits, redness and dark circles for an instant pick me up.
Maybelline Cover Stick Corrector Concealer – Green (great for concealing redness) $10.50
4. If you do need a foundation, go for something that will provide enough coverage but will still let your skin breathe.
Maybelline Fit Me Dewy Smooth Foundation $18.95
5. Lighten up any under eye circles with a dab of L’Oreal Lumi Magique $27.95 – but you only need the smallest amount.
6. Definitely do not skip mascara. Nothing makes you look more fantastic and wide awake than mascara. A good mascara will open your eyes, lengthen your lashes and boost volume, and it doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg either.
Maybelline Volum Express Colossal Mascara – Black $19.95
With these easy tips you’ll be out of the door faster, with more money in your pocket. And most importantly – looking and feeling as good as Taylor Swift’s Squad.
What’s your favourite budget beauty buy?
Let me know below…
No Post Tags
Dry, damaged, oily or colour-fading, a hair mask is a cure-all for so many concerns! Discover your perfect hair mask with our round-up of the best formulas for each hair type.
2019-04-04 00:22:34 •
With savings of up to 50% on a range of skincare, haircare, cosmetics, and beauty appliances from brands including Clinique, asap, Skinstitut, Olaplex, ghd, Cloud Nine and more! You're sure to find something you love on RY in 2019's Vogue Online Shopping Night.
2019-04-03 00:48:47 •
The perfect mascara can be hard to find, but these cult favourites have proven to be nothing but luxuriously lengthening and volumising. Discover our five most popular mascara formulas.
2019-03-27 05:40:11 •
Discover our top product picks that will have you looking flawless and selfie-ready!
2019-03-27 02:21:48 •